PURCHASING A CAMPERVAN – IT’S A MINEFIELD
- How much do these vans cost ?
- Do I buy a van already converted? Or do I buy a panel van and get it converted by a conversion company?
- Can I convert it myself?
- Which layout?
- Which rock/n/roll bed? Crash tested? Pull tested? or the one Bob made in his garage from bits of park bench.
- What extras do I need? Do I need an awning? Which one?
- Short wheel base or long wheel base van?
- Why are they all high mileage?
- Why can’t I find a van with air con, I need that don’t I?
- Wow I found a van I like for sale, but why is it always a four hour drive away. Why do they always look better in the photos?
- Will I get all my holiday gear in the back plus the kids and the dog? I might need to buy a matching Trailer to tow behind.Has anyone invented one of those ?
It is a minefield. The choices available now are staggering.
Help is at hand…you may have just stumbled across all the answers to your questions and more.
By sending us an email and making an appointment, owner Mike Kennedy will make time to show you around.
What happens when you book an appointment?
- You’ll be shown our top of the range T1 demonstrator VW Transporter 4 berth camper van.
- We’ll show you all aspects of the van i.e. opening and closing of the pop top roof, how the rear seat transforms into a bed, the workings of the hob, water, heater and electrics.
- Mike will be able to advise you on what he can do and talk you through the design options material s available and colour choices.
- Over a cup of tea/coffee we will try to answer all your questions.
- 30 minutes is the time allocated for the appointment and is free of charge with no obligations.
Please avoid the disappointment of us not being able to help you by “just popping in the off chance”. This is a family run business and we have to go and source materials etc. so we are not always there. When we are there, we have allocated time slots for work booked in so it is difficult for us to stop and chat.
We sometimes work on weekends but sometimes we are away at shows….by booking an appointment we can make a time that is suitable for all parties and we don’t disappoint anyone.
To make an appointment, please contact us